Wednesday, January 5, 2011

You Do The Pokey Pokey

...and you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about.

Yeah, sticking myself with things seems to be what it's all about. Today I actually remembered to do the after-lunch stick at 2.30.

I've been talking to a lot of the "Diabetes Mothers" and "Diabetes Siblings" around school, and first they offer their condolences that I've got this thing. Then they tell me that I really should go on The Pump, because it makes life so much easier. They tell me that it's like night and day.

Well, quite frankly, what I've had to do so far hasn't been all that bad. I stick myself in the finger once or twice a day, and I give myself a shot in the thigh once every morning. It's not all that bad. And quite frankly, I'm a little concerned about how cumbersome The Pump would be.

Nah...I'll take the current system for now.

By the way, this afternoon's number was a dead-on 140, and the Diabetes Ladies told me that it should be between 140 and 160.

No comments:

Post a Comment