Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Meal For Your Money, Not A Snack

So here's the story that was too long for Facebook.

On Monday I had to take Sofie to sing with the MPH Lower School Chorus for a Rotary Meeting at a local restaurant. In the rush to get out of the house and to the venue on time, I didn't have a chance to have my mid-morning snack. In fact, it was pretty much lunchtime by now. I figured I'd just pick up something on the way, but being lunchtime, the drive-thru line at Wendy's was just way too long. Oh well, I'd figure something out.

Once I got Sofie with her group, I went to the person in charge of the meeting, and explained my situation. I said that I was a parent of one of the singers, a new diabetic, and hadn't had my snack yet. Was there a little something I could nibble on until I got home.

Well, this person must've known diabetics, because she rushed me right over to one of the people in charge of the food, and said, "This man's a diabetic, give him anything he wants." And sure enough, I didn't get just a few crackers, they took me over to the buffet table and fed me the same thing the Rotarians were eating.

I guess they didn't want me passing out on their property.

No comments:

Post a Comment